Engine Component Repair
1st and 2nd shift
DEPARTMENT – Service Logistics
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field with work scopes that include: engine overhaul, engine teardown and an engine repair hospital shop. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
– Competitive pay
– Health Insurance Plan Participation
– Profit sharing bonuses
– Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
– State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk reports to the Cell Lead. Both the Shipping Technician / Receiving Technician are responsible to process aircraft engine parts, spares, or parts or supplies using methods, processes, and procedures as approved and adopted by management. The Shipping Technician / Receiving Technician is responsible to verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments involving inventory, to ensure accuracy as far as quantity, ID, Serial #, and other issues as directed. Duties include verifying and recording incoming material and arranging for the transportation of products. The Receiving Technician will receive items and process the documentation. Shipping Technician will prepare items for shipment and process the documentation.
Shipping Technician / Receiving Technician are responsible for the safe operation of tools and equipment, including forklifts and other machinery as needed. Shipping Technician / Receiving Technician are responsible for documentation in Quantum and ensure qualities and locations are accurate. To that end, these responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform inspections on stored parts; add desiccant as required by standards.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Perform inspection on items coming in from vendors.
- Work safely and effectively communicate in a team environment
- Problem solve and assist with resourcing problems with parts, spares, or other
- Involvement in ongoing process improvement in the work area
- Complete shift paperwork and recordkeeping
- Attend and participate in team meetings and regular training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this role. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Ability to read and understand basic English for safety purposes
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Willing and able to work an assigned schedule, which may include weekends
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
Specialized knowledge or skills needed for promotion into certain roles:
- Ability to learn to use Quantum at a high level
- Ability to enhance or improve processes and procedures
Submit your application
Fields marked with an * are required