BP Aero is a rapidly growing company located adjacent to DFW International Airport. The company currently consists of 3 business units: BP Aerospace, BP Aero Services, and BP Aero On Wing Support which are a commercial engine disassembly operation, and FAA 145 Component Repair Station and an Engine Lease return and Hospital shop.
The Director of Quality will lead the initiatives for the 3 business units for employee skills assessment and mandatory, recurrent and gap training for the technicians and inspectors. Additionally, the Director will lead our Corrective Action Efforts to drive shop practices to eliminate systemic errors by implementing root cause identification and 6 sigma practices for the employee base.
A critical part of this job requires a close working relationship with the FAA to assure a smooth transition to meet the new FAR requirements as it relates to our Quality Manual and Training Manual.
BP Aero is a CAAC authorized repair station and is due for audit in 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will also lead the IS0 9000 effort and the A2LA application and approval process.
- This position reports to the President of BP Aero.
- Overtime is expected, this is a 48 – 52 hour job.
- 10 years’ experience in an FAA 145 repair station environment. Prior Experience with NADCAP Certification, ISO 9000 Certification
- Experience with an OEM such as GE, CFM, SAFRAN, Pratt & Whitney or major Airline.
- Experience managing individuals, programs and managers.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Submit your application
Fields marked with an * are required