As Purchasing Manager for Engine Services, you’ll support our operations by working with a dedicated team to meet the requirements of OEM aircraft engine and airframe manufacturers. You’ll ensure proper materials, supplies, and components are on-hand and available for use within our state-of-the-art facilities. You’ll coordinate receipt of incoming aircraft engines; and return-shipping of repaired or dispositioned aircraft engines and parts.
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuring that the Repair Station’s work and processes have all required components and materials.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Negotiate contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
- Prepare quotes, RFQ and bid awards as appropriate.
- Direct and coordinate activities of other personnel engaged in buying, distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise cost.
- Knowledge and experience with Quantum aviation software
- 5+ years of purchasing experience with 3+ years of proven purchasing experience in the aerospace industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, written, verbal and communications skills
- Proven track record of successful logistics management
- Ability to influence vendors and customers to provide necessary support
- Experience with purchasing management systems in ISO9100 and AS9110 environment is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.Submit Your Application