As Purchasing Manager for Engine Services, you’ll support our operations by working with a dedicated team to meet the requirements of OEM aircraft engine and airframe manufacturers. You’ll ensure proper materials, supplies, and components are on-hand and available for use within our state-of-the-art facilities. You’ll coordinate receipt of incoming aircraft engines; and return-shipping of repaired or dispositioned aircraft engines and parts.
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuring that the Repair Station’s work and processes have all required components and materials.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Negotiate contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
- Prepare quotes, RFQ and bid awards as appropriate.
- Direct and coordinate activities of other personnel engaged in buying, distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise cost.
- Knowledge and experience with Quantum aviation software
- 5+ years of purchasing experience with 3+ years of proven purchasing experience in the aerospace industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, written, verbal and communications skills
- Proven track record of successful logistics management
- Ability to influence vendors and customers to provide necessary support
- Experience with purchasing management systems in ISO9100 and AS9110 environment is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.Submit Your Application
Submit your application
Fields marked with an * are required