Industrial Maintenance Supervisor
Come join the BP Aerospace team in Irving, Texas! As the Industrial Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll support our operations and a dedicated team of skilled staff of aircraft and aerospace production and repair technicians.
Industrial maintenance workers install and maintain factory equipment and other industrial machinery, such as conveying systems, production machinery, and packaging equipment. Workers also install, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and move machinery in factories, power plants, and construction sites.
You will supervise and direct basic maintenance and repairs on machines. Ensure staff clean and lubricate machinery, perform basic diagnostic tests, check the performance of the machine, and test damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary. You must follow machine specifications and adhere to maintenance schedules.
Maintenance workers use a variety of tools to do repairs and preventive maintenance. For example, they may use a screwdriver or socket wrenches to adjust a motor’s alignment, or they might use a hoist to lift a heavy printing press off the ground.
The Industrial Maintenance Supervisor is a mid-level position. He/she is responsible for leading work crews and workers engaged in the lifting, moving and setting of materials, and machines, while utilizing power operated equipment such as hoists, winches, cranes, welders and machinery etc. The Facilities Supervisor typically works under direct supervision, expected to work long hours, and subject to working weekends and holidays.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in facilities and industrial maintenance activities, to ensure compliance with safety procedures and methods.
- Assists with the set-up of equipment;
- Conducts basic loading of heavy lift projects by rigging the crane equipment and ensuring the proper use of each equipment method;
- Directs welders, mechanics and technicians in the performance of their work;
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project;
- Ensures that work crews are properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials. Prevents the misuse of equipment, materials and tools;
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Keeps records of all work completed and completion of “Action Lists”;
- Specifies locations for movement of machinery using knowledge of various methods of sliding and lifting equipment;
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all Safety procedures, including all Company rules and regulations;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Essential:
- Must have 5-10 years of industrial maintenance, including rigging, moving and setting of machinery;
- Must be proficient with plumbing, basic wiring, and welding;
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
- Prefer candidates with at least an Associate’s degree and 5-10 years of experience as Foreman or Lead position
- OSHA-10 or 30 training and certification preferred
This job requires the employee to stand, walk, sit, and stand for long periods of time, and ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.; approximately 10% of time spent in office conditions; approximately 60% of time spent in external conditions which may include temperature variance, elevated noise levels, dust and fumes.
Our success comes from hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business. At BP Aerospace, we are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed workforce that ensures we remain at the front of aerospace and flight safety excellence. We are committed to teamwork and safety without compromise.
BP Aero is an internationally recognized full-service aviation solutions provider. We provide engine teardowns, engine part overhaul, accessory overhaul, engine hospital shop repairs and field service. Our mission is to become the preferred supplier for supplier for OEM’s, airlines and engine asset owners, exceeding goals for quality, delivery and pricing value.
If you would like to be considered for a role on our team, please click on the submit your application button below.
Submit Your Application
Submit your application
Fields marked with an * are required