Engine Part Overhaul
DEPARTMENT – OPERATIONS
Are you mechanically-inclined and looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
– Well-lit, clean work environment
– Competitive pay with shift premiums
– Health Insurance Plan Participation
Thermal Spray Operator – HVOF Job Description
Follow written tech plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings to engine components.
- Proficient with the use of coating systems including HVOF and Plasma processes.
- Plans, develops, writes, revises, documents, tests, implements and controls programs for robots as applicable.
- Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
- Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, antibond or metal masks prior to coating.
- Sets up and operates various types of manual and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts.
- Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and records time on process charts.
- Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
- Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
- Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
- Proficient understanding of ATA chapters associated with aviation Engine Service Manuals.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
Follow the link below to get an inside look at BP Aero!Submit Your Application