Engine Part Overhaul
DEPARTMENT – Service Technicians
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field with work scopes that include: engine overhaul, engine teardown and an engine repair hospital shop. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
– Competitive pay
– Health Insurance Plan Participation
– Profit sharing bonuses
– Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
– State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
Conduct laboratory tests and/or prepare failure samples to assist Metallurgist in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of materials for purposes, such as research and development of new products or processes, quality control, failure analysis, and other work involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of metallurgy and related sciences.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Occupation Specific Tasks
• Conduct laboratory tests and/or sample preparation such as cutting, mounting, polishing, grinding, etching, hardness measurement, microscopic evaluation to assist materials personnel in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of various materials.
• Compile, organize, file, and relay results of tests and analyses.
• Conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials and products.
• Maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment.
• Order and inventory materials in order to maintain supplies.
• Document testing results and prepare testing reports.
• Provide support and assistance to Engineers on general testing processes.
Detailed Work Activities:
• adhere to safety procedures
• analyze experimental, test, or analysis data or findings
• conduct analyses or tests of metallic compounds
• conduct analyses to determine physical properties of materials
• conduct laboratory research or experiments
• develop or maintain databases
• examine material specimens under microscope
• inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies
• maintain laboratory equipment
• maintain records, reports, or files
• operate specialized equipment in laboratory
• order or purchase supplies, materials, or equipment
• prepare sample for laboratory testing
• prepare technical reports or related documentation
• record test results, test procedures, or inspection data
• set up or calibrate laboratory equipment
• sterilize or clean laboratory equipment
• understand properties of materials
• use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
• use laboratory equipment
• use microscope
• use spreadsheet software
• Know and understand BP Aero Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Ability to learn to operate Co-ordinate Measure Equipment
• English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Computer– Knowledge of basic computer skills within the Microsoft office programs
• Metallurgical – Sample preparation, general testing (hardness, tensile, etc.), understanding of general material properties (tensile, yield, hardness, etc)
• Metallurgy – Knowledge of the composition, structure, and properties of materials and transformations that they undergo.
• Technical writing – Ability to convey analytical results through written communication in an effective manner.
• Microstructural analysis – Ability to use optical equipment for microscopic analysis.
• Knowledge of chemicals – Knowledge of general Metallurgical chemicals and preparation of etchant.
Coordinates project planning to accomplish goals and prepare the integration of technical activities. Leads in the development of technicians’ knowledge base through cross training and mentoring recommendations. Responsible for reviewing and writing reports, providing initial approval for expenditures, enforcing company policies, and developing recommendations regarding the purchase of materials or services based on spending requirements. Provides support to technicians on a variety of tasks. Develops business and strategic planning processes with other TES leadership. Establishes short-term organization goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Provides support to customers on a variety of tasks. Plans and executes tasks based on information gathered. Analyzes, maintains, compiles and formats data and policy changes pertaining to maintaining compliance. Supports the gathering of drawings, reports and engineering documentation in order to support customer.
Bachelor’s degree and 1 years of prior relevant experience
Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 1 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations. Preferred
Minimum qualifications include:
- Good communication skills along with leadership and mentoring experience. A knowledge and familiarity with a variety of test equipment. Knowledge of calibration industry standards and practices. Including, but not limited to, NADCAP AMS2750, AS9100D, ANSI/NCSL Z540, BP Aero, LLC is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. BP Aero has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At BP Aero, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions – whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills.
Submit your application
Fields marked with an * are required