DEPARTMENT – Engineering
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field with work scopes that include: engine overhaul, engine teardown and an engine repair hospital shop. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
– Competitive pay
– Health Insurance Plan Participation
– Profit sharing bonuses
– Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
– State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
BP Aero is looking for an engineer to join the team at our Irving, TX facility. Please apply if you meet all of the requirements and are seeking a rewarding and challenging opportunity in the aerospace industry.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Occupation Specific Tasks
· Bachelors (or higher) degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Materials Science. Industrial, or Chemical engineering.
· Must have at least five years of manufacturing plant or project engineering experience and ability to combine theoretical training with practical experience in a “hands-on” environment.
· Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Role requires interaction with all levels of company personnel as well as with contractors, suppliers, and customers.
· Must have effective project management skills with the ability to document and drive long-term projects to completion.
· Strong knowledge in gas turbine engine operation is preferred
· Previous work experience in aerospace industry is preferred.
· Experience is a plus in any of these specific disciplines: Welding, thermal spray, heat treatment, metallography, aerospace painting, FANUC robot programming, CNC machining, chemical cleaning, chemical stripping, electroplating, Non-Destructive Testing, brazing, water jet stripping, SolidWorks CAD modeling, tool design, or 3D printing.
· Experience is a plus in industrial engineering and process improvement techniques such as: LEAN, Six Sigma, root cause analysis, FMEA, etc.
Detailed Work Activities:
The main roles of engineering at BP Aero are to integrate new products into our manufacturing lines, provide day-to-day support for the mechanics and technicians as problems arise, and to improve existing processes. This involves:
· Design and direct the testing or control of processing procedures.
· Interpret customer specifications and blueprints.
· Reduce process variance. Often this involves creating detailed work instructions, making a new tool, and/or providing training to shop personnel.
· Develops process parameters necessary to set up new applications with an emphasis on repeatable and efficient processes.
· Evaluate technical specifications and economic factors relating to process or product design objectives.
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero we lead a robust team of highly specialized team to repair numerous components of commercial aircraft jet engines. We are one of only a few commercial aircraft engine component repair facilities in the world.
Our customers consist of airlines, engine overhaul shops, as well as original engine manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE.
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, education, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.Submit Your Application