Engine Part Overhaul
DEPARTMENT – MACHINE
Are you mechanically-inclined and looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with shift premiums
- Health Insurance Plan Participation
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Obtain fixtures, set-up tools, parts, and supplies intended for Manual Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL).
- Operate machines to remove material to achieve required dimensions prior to the application of coatings, to finish coatings, or to establish part features.
- Perform finishing operations when required, such as deburring, tapping, honing, and bench work.
- Follow both written and verbal work instructions, use approved gages and tools to inspect parts to determine required material removal.
- May be required to participate in repair development projects for new programs or repair development of new repairs of existing programs.
- Two years machining experience on one, all, or a combination of; set up and operation of: Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL); Horizontal Boring Mills (HBM); Manual VTL; Vertical Grinders; Horizontal Grinders; Horizontal Engine Lathe; Vertical Grinders and Horizontal Grinders.
- Set-up experience with tooling, fixtures with the ability to follow instructions per technical drawings or work instructions.
- Technical high school diploma, machinist trade school, or equivalent work experience.
- General bench skills such as use of hand-held power tools, files, assembly and disassembly.
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.Submit Your Application