Engine Part Overhaul
DEPARTMENT – MACHINE
Are you mechanically-inclined and looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with shift premiums
- Health Insurance Plan Participation
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Sets up and operates one or more CNC OD grinding machines to grind aerospace parts to blueprint specifications.
- Ability to create new programs to perform OD grinding operations on CNC equipment.
- Follows blueprints, job orders and written or verbal instructions for product specifications such as finishes, dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be holding fixtures and grinding wheels to be used.
- Dresses wheels to specifications using dressing appropriate techniques.
- Observes overall operation and performs regular daily maintenance on equipment and work area.
- Fills out production paperwork and inspection procedures as required.
- Reports any problems or discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains tools, gages and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a willingness and capacity to learn more skills.
- Working in tight tolerance environment (+/- .0005 or less) a plus
- Ability to use shop mathematics.
- Ability to interpret a variety of prints.
- Ability to plan and perform unusual & difficult work.
- Ability to make decisions that involve considerable judgment.
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
Follow the link below to get an inside look at BP Aero!Submit Your Application
Submit your application
Fields marked with an * are required