Engine Part Overhaul
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your engineering background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero, we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical associates that repair jet aircraft gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE.
We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels.
Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
– Competitive pay
– Climate-controlled work environment
– Health Insurance Plan Participation
– Dental, vision, and other benefits
– 401(K) plan
– Great teamworking environment
You will be responsible for assisting management with analysis of fixtures, processes and procedures involved in the repair of aircraft jet turbine engines and associated parts. You will be responsible for evaluation of processes, routers, and fixtures related to those repairs with improved quality and margins; adding efficiency while removing waste. To that end, these responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze production processes to gain margin improvement
- Review processes and make recommendations concerning manufacturing requirements and standard work procedures
- Monitor production and quality control systems, analyze production, quality control, or other operational reports to detect production or process problems
- Mentor personnel on fixtures, routers and promote efficiency while building leadership and team skills
- Recommend process improvements in the work area to gain efficiencies
- Communicate effectively with all team members and ensure miscommunications are minimized
- Coordinate with other senior staff members on personnel, safety, finance, and purchasing issues, looking for ways to increase and enhance all functional areas
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Engineering Manager
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering, Metallurgy or related
- Demonstrated three to five years of success in manufacturing is a plus
- Demonstrated success in project completion and leadership is a plus
- Strong communication skills; able to organize and process technical information and maintain records
- Experience with Auto-CAD and SolidWorks
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing methods (machining, grinding, welding etc.)
- Familiarity with geometric tolerancing as applicable to manufacturing blue prints
- Desire to learn new skills and aspects of the aerospace industry
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
Apply today and join the team!Submit Your Application