A&P INTERNSHIP ENGINE TECHNICIAN 1ST shift
DEPARTMENT – BPAES
Working at BP Aero:
At BP Aero, we hire, train, and lead a robust team of highly-technical associates that disassemble, repair, and reassemble aircraft gas turbine engines. We will work at our facility or travel to customer site to perform maintenance on engines. We are a local privately held business right in Irving, TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a positive work environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
The A&P Intern Engine Technician will assist in repairing jet engines to ensure they meet safe operating standards within guidelines set by the manufacturer and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Duration will be May through August of 2024
- Performs maintenance and repairs on aircraft turbine engines:
- LEAP 1A
- LEAP 1B
- Ensures proper working condition of mechanical systems and assemblies within scope.
- Develops and maintains records of maintenance, repairs, inspections, and any reports related to parts or services.
- Inspects and examines jet engines, to identify wear, cracks, corrosion, or other defects within scope.
- Inspects hoses and lubricates joints; replaces any that show signs of needing repair within scope.
- Consults OEM and other maintenance manuals and specifications to identify correct replacements or repairs within scope.
- Installs new parts to replace or repair defective or worn or life-cycle parts within scope; performs these tasks efficiently and to specifications.
- Ensures proper function of engines and systems via a variety of tests and tools within scope.
- Collaborates, as needed, with other power plant (A&P) mechanics or other appropriate personnel on components, engines and parts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of jet engine parts, systems, and mechanics by model and type.
- Thorough understanding of tools and testing methods used to ensure proper functioning of jet engine by model and type.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to OEM and other required manuals and instructions to resolve complex mechanical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to complete and maintain records.
- Human Factors, SMS, Standard Practices, Aeronautical regulations, FOD, DOD, Familiarization of Federal Aviation Regulations related an FAA certificated repair station, FAA Approved Data, Definition airworthiness PMA Parts, Return to Service.
- Superior and careful workmanship.
- Ability to perform consistently under stressful conditions.
- Ability to perform basic inspections and repairs.
- Ability to learn new skills and methods of repairs.
- Sufficient oral and verbal communication skills, as needed, to discuss equipment malfunctions and complete reports.
Education and Experience:
- In process of obtaining A&P mechanic certification or Technical Qualification certification capable of licensing by the FAA.
- Must be able to stand, lie, and kneel in awkward positions and spaces.
- Must be able to perform work on scaffolding or ladders.
- Must be able to lift and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Manual dexterity and physical strength necessary to operate tools or make adjustments and repairs.
- Must have visual acuity to inspect equipment and identify defects.
- Must be able to hear well enough to test sounds and identify functioning level of aircraft.
- Must be able to identify alpha/numeric characters with accuracy at close vision (20 inches or less)
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (reasonable accommodations may be requested)
- Must be able to meet physical demands of exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently
- Knowledge of computers and software
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.Submit Your Application